Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Morning Run with Oprah

I had a call with my business coach on Friday, and he gave me an assignment - to determine my competitive market, who's doing what I want to do and how I am going to do it better. Well, the big answer is Oprah, right? The whole live your best life thing?

SO - I had this amazing thought on my run this morning about why Wise is better than Oprah. Sounds crazy, I know, but hear me out. Here's the problem with Oprah... Oprah is entertainment. She makes us feel good, and she is BRILLIANT at it, but how many people are sitting on the couch eating a pint of ice cream (figuratively, not literally, I hope) while their life is passing them by.

Oprah's not giving you a call on Monday morning to see if you worked on your business plan over the weekend. Oprah's peeps aren't brainstorming with you to overcome the obstacles present in your life and how to overcome them. There's inspiration, but there's no accountability, no support. And inspiration is nice, but rarely leads to results.

Wise Workshops are all about giving our participants the wisdom, inspiration, SUPPORT and empowerment to succeed. Face to face, eye to eye - encouraging each other to reach for aggressive goals, but doing so with joy, laughter and love... creating little mini-me Oprah's (minus the media empire) all over the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment